All of the track layout has been completed except for fixing some of it down. The next jobs are to make the platforms and clad the walls.
Sunday, 29 May 2016
Before my enforced 6 month layoff from the railway I had started to re-furbish the pond area, but it seems that over the winter the pond has developed a leak and the water level has dropped by at least 6 inches.
|The water used to cover the pond liner below the slabs.|
|The original water level can be seen marked on the log-roll.|
|Lots of work to do.|
This afternoon I've started work on clearing the site and at the moment I cannot run trains around the garden as I've had to remove the bridge over the pond.
|The missing bridge.|
|All of the slabs have been taken away for pressure washing.|
|The next job is to get the log-roll out.|
Thursday, 26 May 2016
Shortly after I posted the last update I had a nasty fall whilst pursuing my other hobby which resulted in a 3 week stay in hospital and 6 months of forced idleness, but now I've been able to start working again on the extension. All of the block-work has now been completed and as soon as the concrete has fully set I can recommence track-laying.
|The station area. The station carpark will be on the left.|
|The station throat.|
|The turning triangle.|
|The same area taken from a different viewpoint.|