All of the blocks for the triangle have now been cemented in and the track has been laid. Work has begun on the 'sleeper' wall behind the goods platform.
Sunday, 24 May 2015
Over the last couple of weeks:
- The main line has been re-laid to include 2 points. I can now run trains all around the garden again.
- The block-work for the first station cross-over points has been completed.
- The footings have been laid for the turning triangle.
- The blocks have been cut for the turning triangle.
- Two more piers have been purchased for the curved viaduct.
As the original design did not include the piers, the footings for the viaduct are in the wrong place! I'm also going to see if I can add a third arch to the viaduct. This will require part of the newly built embankment to be demolished.
|Looking from the station towards the triangle|
|Looking towards the station|
Saturday, 9 May 2015
The new embankment is nearing completion and the footings have been cast for the new curved viaduct which will carry one of the lines to the new station. Two more short piers will be needed to compete the viaduct.
Meanwhile the buffet for the new station has arrived.
Friday, 1 May 2015
The Cain Howley curved viaduct sections have been taken up. The curved viaduct will be replaced with an embankment. Shuttering has been constructed and put in place. A left-hand point has been put in the main line - this will be start of the triangle.
|The triangle area|
The fence panels have also been replaced. The curved viaduct sections will be used on another part of the triangle.
|Looking towards the shed|